Lotus Pond is located on the east side of Zouying district, Kaohsiung City. The lotus flowers bloom every summer has given it the name “Lotus Pond.” The pond is surrounded by willow trees, area of 75 hectares, also an area of temples like Confucius Temple, Spring Autumn Pavilion and Dragon and Tiger Tower. The foggy view in the morning and late evening makes the pond with the mystery feeling, especially in summer time, with the willow trees on the pond side and floating duckweed are attractive to all visitors. The Dragon and Tiger Pagodasis a temple located at Lotus Lake in Zuoying District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. The temple was built in 1976. One of the towers is the Tiger Tower, the other one being the Dragon tower. The seven story tower has yellow walls, red pillars and orange tiles. The front connects to the shore with a bridge.There are paintings inside the temple depicting Ksitigarbha. In the Tiger Tower, there are paintings of twelve Magi and the Jade Emperor's thirty palaces as well as paintings of Confucius. The towers have a double spiral staircase, one each for ascending and descending visitors. This building is representative oftraditional Kaohsiung culture.
Looking from the Dragon and Tiger Pagodas to left side, visitors can see the Spring and Autumn Pavilion Spring and Autumn Pavilionsgot its name from the Spring Pavilion and Autumn Pavilion, also called ‘Spring and autumn Royal Pavilion’, is a landmark for commemorating ‘The Martial Saint, Lord Kua’ and the champion of Taiwan Towers. It was selected as the one of the country's top ten beauty spot. Two towers are four stores and octagonal, green tiles and yellow walls, like an antique pagoda. There are thousands of turtle on a half-moon pond in front of the Spring and Autumn Pavilions Fort Provintia, also known as Chihkan Toweris one of Tainan's (and Taiwan's) most famous historic buildings. It's a reminder of Taiwan's colonial past and the history of the site reflects well on the history of Taiwan as a whole. Built by the Dutch colonialists in 1653, it served as their military and trading post until 1662, when Koxinga, a military commander loyal to Ming Dynasty came from the Chinese mainland, conquered it and took over the control of the part of Taiwan around today's Tainan. He used the fort as his office. Six months later he died and his son continued to reign in his placeuntil 1883, when Qing Dynasty gained control over Taiwan and ruled it for two centuries (source). In the late 19th century two pavilions and a small school were added. After 1945 the fort was renamed to Chihkan Tower (named after "Chakam", an aboriginal village, that stood here before the Dutch came).
National Taichung Theateris located in Xitun District, Taochung. It is a very characteristic performance area. The theater is designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito. Using the concept of the primitive cavesand holes, Toyo Ito designed the world first and only Sound Cave Curved Wall for National Taichung Theater. There are no vertical and horizontal structures and it’s the world’s first curve surfaced hanging structure architect
|| Hotel breakfast
|| Taiwanese cusine
|| Taiwanese cusine
||Evergreen Laurel Hotel -Taichung